The role is simply day to day work to start with, but for the right person this can lead to full time work, 5 days a week.
Full training will be given to successful candidates who demonstrate a good level of Literacy, Numeracy and Oracy.
This role is quite often a useful stepping stone to Teacher Training.
Personal qualities needed include confidence, presence, flexibility and a sense of humour.
Ideally, candidates should have their own transport or be situated within easy access to the public transport network.
Excellent rates of pay.
Cover supervisor-Job description
- To supervise the classes of absent colleagues.
- To register tutor groups and teaching groups.
- To create a purposeful and orderly environment in which students can complete work set by the class teacher.
- To monitor and support the students as they complete work set by the class teacher.
- To establish productive working relationships with students.
- To provide feedback to the class teacher/head of department in regard to the work completed and the general behaviour of the class.
- To promote inclusion within the school.
- To implement the school’s behaviour policy.
- To attend staff meetings and training to keep abreast of developments.
- To undertake the following should there be no need to cover a class:
- Support individual students;
- Support the heads of year and heads of departments with administration duties;
- Offer mentoring opportunities for students as required;
- Provide additional class support for teachers or carry out administrative tasks; and complement the professional work of teachers by enhancing the delivery of the curriculum.